EASY LOW-CAL SNACK – “HUMMUS 100”
Big 100 calorie snack with healthy fat, protein and fiber.
Start with one 30 cal brown rice cake.
Top with 1 tbsp hummus for 40 more calories. Any flavor.
Add as much sauerkraut as you want. Any flavor.
Next, ~20 calories of cranberries – have w/in 3-4 hours of bed = get up to pee less.
This low-cal snack is…
- Easy to whip together
- Really tasty (unless you eat only pizza and candy bars)
- Low- to no- gluten
- Savory, crunchy and smooth all at once
It’s a bit sweet the cranberries. If you need more sweetness after this try gum.
Sauerkraut = fermented food for the gut which in turn affects mood and glow.
- Add any green crunchy veggies like sprouts, snow peas or asparagus, even tomatoes and red, orange or yellow bell peppers for zero calories
- Go easy on veggies & legumes in the beginning, they might change digestion
- If you’re new to sauerkraut and hummus and you worry about gas, try food enzymes, like papaya enzymes from Vitacost.
- I’m not a nutritionist so do your research.